Juicy grilled chicken fajita kabobs are ready in less than 30 minutes! Made with lean chicken breast, peppers, onions, and an easy homemade fajita seasoning.
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajita Kabobs
Eat them as-is or serve them in a bowl or burrito! The options are endless with this simple healthy dinner idea.
What You Need
Chicken: we’re using chicken breast for this recipe, but you can easily swap for boneless, skinless thighs, too.
Peppers: choose any 3 kinds of bell pepper. We love using 3 different colors.
Onions: red, yellow, or white onion work.
Oil: we used olive oil, but you can also use avocado oil, too.
Fajita Seasoning: this easy spice blend is made from cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. PS: if you’ve got our homemade fajita seasoning on hand, you can use that too!
- Eat as-is: the easiest way to eat these fajita kabobs is as is! Just fork them off the skewer and enjoy.
- Serve as a bowl: make a meal out of these kabobs and serve them with cilantro lime rice, avocado dressing, and black beans. PS: check out our chicken burrito bowl casserole for a similar recipe!
- Make a burrito/taco: we’re big into chicken fajita burritos! Simply wrap up your kebabs with rice, beans, and cheese and enjoy as a burrito!
What to Do with Leftovers
If you’ve got leftover chicken fajita kabobs, there are a few things you can do with them.
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Meal prep them by portioning out your leftovers and adding a serving of rice and beans into meal prep containers.
- Make freezer burritos by following our easy tutorial so that you have an easy on-the-go lunch.
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into squares (3 medium breasts)
- 3 large bell peppers chopped into squares (any color)
- 1 medium purple onion chopped into squares
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- fresh cilantro chopped
Preheat the grill or oven to 400ºF.
Prepare the peppers and onions by slicing them into 1-inch squares. Transfer them into a gallon-sized bag and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Shake to coat everything in oil.
Prepare chicken breast by slicing it into 1-inch by 1-inch chunks (make sure they’re all around the same size) and then transfer them into another gallon-sized bag.
In a small bowl, combine the fajita spices to create your rub.
Add half of the spice mixture to the vegetables and the other half to the chicken. Shake well and let sit for 10 minutes.
Now, make your kababs. Alternate between peppers, onions, and chicken until you’ve filled all your skewers.
Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray it with cooking spray.
Grill the chicken kababs over direct heat for around 15 minutes, rotating every 4-5 minutes. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165ºF.
Remove from heat and squeeze on lime juice (THIS PART IS KEY) and sprinkle on fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 216kcal Carbohydrates: 13g Protein: 28g Fat: 6g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g